Our aim is to support clients in understanding their end-to-end waste processes and the impact of these on the organisation from a cost and environmental perspective.
Australians generate waste at a higher rate compared with most other OECD countries. In 2002-03, Australia generated approximately 32.4 million tonnes of solid waste. Approximately 27 per cent of this comes from municipal sources, 29 per cent from the commercial and industrial sector, and 42 per cent from the construction and demolition sector. Waste recovered for recycling in 2002-03 was approximately 15 million tonnes. These levels of waste represent lost value and opportunities, while imposing economic and environmental costs on society.
The Australian Waste Industry is in transition. The focus has shifted to logistics efficiency, pollution prevention and the conservation of resources. It is now facing:
- consumption exceeding population growth forcing communities to seek better ways of curbing rising waste generation or capturing benefits from discarded materials;
- multiple environmental & social pressures surrounding traditional ways of waste disposal; and
- Innovative technologies and practices to enable some waste resources to have beneficial uses and benefits.
The Australian Waste Management Industry has an income of close to $4.8 Billion per year and employs over 20,000 people. At an operational level the Australian Waste Management Industry has many similarities to other urban settlement activities. There are multiple private sector service contractors, government regulatory bodies, government planning and resource management agencies. As well as government business enterprises competing alongside private operators.
The Waste Management Industry is governed largely within State legislative and regulatory controls and is subject to forceful environmental regulations aimed at preventing pollution and recovering resources. Organisations are under unprecedented pressures as waste is perceived to be a threat. The three reasons most often cited are:
- waste disposal can harm the environment and human health;
- space for landfills is becoming scarce; and
- waste is the end product of a life cycle process that can have upstream environmental and resource depletion implications.
Many firms generate waste that can be recycled. Offices create large amounts of paper waste, supermarkets throw away hundreds of cardboard boxes each day, and pubs and clubs dispose of thousands of glass bottles each week. The collection and transport of waste can be costly for organisations. It is important to understand this and to identify the implications of how waste is being treated, processed and disposed.
APMS recognize that every business has specific needs and we take the time to understand them. We believe that seamless mobilisation with minimal disruption to our client’s organisation is a key. Our aim is to support clients in understanding their end-to-end waste processes and the impact of these on the organisation from a cost and environmental perspective whether it is a single site, a large property portfolio, a one off project, or a comprehensive long-term waste management provision. We provide strategic management advice and support to our clients by understanding their Waste Management processes through deep and structured analysis, including: the collection, sorting, recycling and disposal of solid, liquid, hard, general, medical and clinical waste.
- Development of Strategic Directions
- Design and implementation of Innovative Waste Management / Minimization processes and procedures
- Advice and Expertise on Alternate Waste Technology Options
- Development of Tender and Contract Documents
- Measuring performance against current waste plans and targets
- Identifying areas of non-compliance
- Full Cost Accounting of current waste disposal costs
- Project Management of all price negotiations, pick-up scheduling etc
- Waste Profiling Auditing to assess, evaluate and monitor waste generation, waste characterization, waste disposal and waste systems including waste minimisation
- Development of Waste management contracts enhancing contract performance and reducing waste management costs
- Implementing effective, innovative and sustainable Waste Management solutions
Australian Property Management Solutions is resourced with over 300 specialist consultants. Each of our consultants have a minimum of 10 years' experience with specific competencies related to Facilities Management, Assets Management, Environmental Management, Waste Management and Engineering Services.
Through this team of senior operations managers, industry specialists, and advisors, we have a proven track record for exceeding our client's expectations.
Establishing partnering relationships with our clients and suppliers contributes significantly to the management of efficient operations and paves the way for improved performance, cost reduction and sustainable innovative service delivery.
Our goal is to achieve world class performance in optimising service delivery and increasing client satisfaction. Our experience gives us unmatched insight into effective service and contract management.
Members of our team are highly sought after, highly experienced and well credentialed. Australian Property Management Solutions is committed to working in the best interest of our clients. This matched with our extensive industry knowledge, experience and ingenuity allows our clients to feel confident that Australian Property Management Solutions provides innovative solutions that address their property maintenance and management requirements across their organisations property and site portfolios.
We focus on achieving quality and sustainable outcomes with a commitment to OH&S and environmental management.
Our aim is to guide and support our network of licensed & accredited suppliers, service providers & vendors through the many complex choices, help them increase efficiency, and ensure the best return on investment. We are committed to seeing great ideas translated into real business outcomes. This is backed by our commitment and commercial investment models.
Australian Property Management Solutions Market Access Assessment, Accreditation & Licensing Program, takes on a leadership position:
- Led by enterprise architecture, that achieves long term sustainable transformational results
- As a trusted partner, advisor and authority in business transformation we work with our network of suppliers, service providers & vendors to become more effective and efficient, aligned with exceeding client expectations.
- Working with organisations to better understand who they are, who they are serving, what they are delivering, how they are delivering it, and how to become more efficient and effective at delivering it. Harnessing world's best practices, processes, methodologies and approaches
- Setting objectives with the achievement of organisational goals, via a methodology and approach that engenders a culture and capability of producing sustainable and repeatable results reflective of a shared vision.
- Helps to define the blueprint and roadmap to transform businesses by leveraging sound and logical principals that bring about competitive advantage and business value.
For more information please refer to the APMS Market Access Brochure